Tips to having the best looking Spray Tan in town.
In our clinic we use Moroccan Tan. We use this tan and this tan only for a few reasons. When applied correct and looked after it last up 10-14 days and looks natural and feels great. its fades gradually leaving you with natural looking skin. It doesn’t feel sticky with its being sprayed on and also is a green based tan so it will never leave you turning orange! And last but not least you can shower in as little as 2 hrs after being sprayed…. WINNING!!! We take great pride in making sure that it is also safe for you to use whilst pregnant and breast feeding. with a natural based tan we have found this to have the best results on all skin types.
What do to do Pre-tan
- Wax or shave 8-24 hrs prior to your tan. Waxing or shaving to close to getting a spray tan can leave the body with small dots and blotchy.
- Make sure you shower and exfoliate before your tan to remove any dead skin and products you may have on your skin. this is a very important step so don’t forget it!!!
- Avoid all skin products, body washes, moisturisers and deodorant prior to getting your spray tan.
- Wear lose clothing to your appointment and slip on shoes to avoid any rubbing on your freshly sprayed body. Its best to wear dark clothing as the tan will rub off onto your clothes however it will wash out. If you choose an 8 hr tan and will be sleeping in it, don’t worry it will wash out of the sheets!
What to do Post-tan
- Try not to touch the body and have as little contact with the skin as possible. try and keep your arms and legs straight to avoid lines.
- Avoid being active, any activity that will make you sweat can cause and uneven spray tan. its best to leave your gym workout until the next day.
- Once you are ready to shower, shower in warm water only and do not use any body wash or soap whilst in the shower. A quick jump in jump out shower is best and then pat yourself dry. And do not pee in the shower, this to can leave for an uneven spray tan.
- Moisturiser the skin daily to keep it hydrated, this will help the tan to last longer and gradually come off evenly with time. If your going to be swimming the chlorine will also reduce the life of your tan.
Getting a spray tan is a great way to boost your confidence and have you feeling great. In the clinic at Relax & Unwind Massage Therapy we see all shapes and sizes, we do not judge and welcome everyone. We also understand its hard as a mum to get in for a spray tan so our clinic is child friendly to make life easier for everyone. The above tips are a guide for you to follow to have your tan looking great and for you to stay tanned as long possible. So what are you waiting for lets get TANNED