1) Billy & Beau is a kids clothing brand developed by myself, Claire and my sister Mill. I have 4 kids and Mill has a little boy, Billy. My youngest is also a little boy named Beau – and so the name is born! We wanted to offer our customers awesome kids (mostly unisex) clothing where the items are well-priced, great quality Wardrobe staples, all while looking on point 😉. We have designed our pieces with comfort for busy kids at the forefront of our minds!
2) Our kids inspire us! I am lucky to have both boys and girls, so I am always listening to what they find comfortable, what’s on trend etc We want our passion to come through, so if our kids love something that we come up with, we share that with our customers so that they can love it too! There are also a tonne of small online businesses that inspire us regularly with their hard work and dedication.
3) Work hard and don’t stop learning! What we know now compared to what we knew when we started a year ago is crazy! We knew enough to get started but it’s incredible what you can learn just keeping your eyes and ears wide open. Ask questions, do research and fully support your fellow small business mates – we’re all in this together and they can often teach you a lot too!!!
4) A lot of fun… half of the time I want to make the clothes in my own sizing, maybe that could be a future venture 😉
5) In 5 years I’d love to have a large customer base full of happy, repeat customers that genuinely just love our gear the same way we do. We are certainly building that way, but as with small business this takes time. We would love this to be a full time job!
6) Everything we sell is a must-have item 😜! Our items are unisex for the most part and we have started building our base with awesome staples like our Billy Ripped-Knee jeans, Basic Tee, black Skorts, awesome crew socks and ultimate
anytime/anywhere accessory in our little leather bracelets!